COVID Vaccine and Testing Support
The Library is out of stock of COVID test kits. We expect more from the state and will update this page when they arrive. Thanks for your continued patience as we manage this unprecedented supply and demand challenge.
At-home COVID test kits
Request by telephone at any location.
The 15-minute Abbott BinaxNOW COVID-19 Ag Card Home Tests are for at-home COVID-19 testing, in conjunction with a free telehealth session provided by eMed proctors.
Using the test kit requires the app and a laptop, PC, tablet or smart phone with a video camera, and internet service for the free telehealth session through which test results are determined. Since you need the app and Library computers do not have video cameras, the Library can not help with any part of the test.
These test kits were purchased by the State of Ohio with a request from the Governor to distribute at libraries.
At-home COVID test directions
DO NOT OPEN TEST ITEMS UNTIL INSTRUCTED TO DO SO
Windows or Mac/Apple laptop/computer with a webcam or a desktop computer with an adjustable/moveable webcam, microphone, and speaker.
An Apple phone/tablet or an Android phone/tablet.
An email address.
An internet connection.
- Download the NAVICA app from the Apple App Store of the Google Play Store on your smartphone or tablet. Once downloaded, use the app to login or create a NAVICA account.
- Create a managed profile for any children or other dependents you plan to get tested under the “Account and Settings” icon at the top of the screen.
- Open a web browser (Chrome, Firefox, or Safari) on your laptop, desktop or smart phone and go to ohio.emed.com.
- Click the START TESTING button on the page.
- Click the LOGIN WITH NAVICA button on the page and use your NAVICA account credentials you created in Step 2 above.
- Confirm your account and personal information.
- Answer the series of questions to prepare for the visit with the eMed proctor and click CONTINUE. This will begin the testing session with the eMed proctor.
- Provide your name and date of birth to the eMed proctor.
- Follow all directions from the eMed proctor to take the test.
If you need assistance with the test kit procedure, please contact Navica’s Technical Services line at 1-800-257-9525 (available 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.)
For frequently asked questions about the Navica app and the BinaxNOW test, visit this site: https://www.abbott.com/BinaxNOW-Tests-NAVICA-App/NAVICA-FAQ.html
For detailed test kit instructions, visit the Product Documents section at this site: https://www.globalpointofcare.abbott/en/product-details/navica-binaxnow-covid-19-us.html
- After you complete the test you will receive a “pass” on your NAVICA smartphone/tablet app that contains your test results. Tap PASS on the NAVICA app to view your results and pass.
- If you test negative, you can show your pass to your school or employer from your smartphone/tablet. Your school or employer will verify the validity of this pass using the NAVICA app on their own smartphone/tablet by scanning the patient’s QR code as displayed on their smartphone/tablet. Make sure your school or employer can view you actually opening the NAVICA app and accessing the pass in real-time.
The eMed proctor is not a healthcare provider but is qualified to administer the test and read the results. Ensure that you have plenty of space in front of you to use the test kit. The test card must lay flat on a hard surface. The eMed proctor will have you adjust your webcam at various times during the testing. You must have a webcam that can be moved (laptop webcams work great – if you have a desktop webcam it needs to be repositionable). The proctor will need to view the test kit on the surface in front of you at certain times and will need to view you (the patient) at other times. For the test to be valid, follow all of the proctor’s instructions. For example, the proctor must be able to view the test card during the 15 minutes the test runs or it will be invalidated. You will need to scan the QR code on the test card with your webcam at two separate times. Make sure you hold the QR code up to the webcam when instructed. Keep the QR code in the center of the camera and hold it as still as possible.
A helpful video can be found HERE.