WE'RE HERE TO HELP
The economic effects of COVID-19 have been especially challenging for the region's small business community. The Library doesn't want this current situation to derail your plans and dreams. Whether you already have a business or you see an unmet need and want to start a business, the Library has the expertise and tools to help you:
- Learn about the business you're interested in
- Know your competition
- Define your overall goals
- Create a business plan
We also have dozens of great business research tools and materials that you can access for free with your Library card. Need help getting started? Email our Business & Workforce Department or call 419.259.5244.
Sign up for the Business quarterly newsletter.
Small Business and Nonprofit Assistance Sessions
We're bringing our small business and nonprofit know-how to Library locations throughout Lucas County. Each month, you’ll find business and nonprofit specialist librarians at:
Mott: First Tuesday | 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Kent: Second Tuesday | 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Locke: Second Tuesday | 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Heatherdowns: Third Tuesday | 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Sanger: Fourth Tuesday | 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Receive assistance with business plans, industry and donor research, nonprofit grants, and more!
45-minute appointments are available. Schedule an appointment to get started.Questions? Contact us!
External Business Resources
- The Arts Commission
- Assets Toledo
- Center for Innovative Food Technology
- City of Toledo – Economic Development
- Lucas County Business Services
- Lucas County Health Department
- Minority Business Assistance Center
- Northwest Ohio SCORE
- Ohio MSDC
- Patent Trademark Resource Center
- Toledo-Lucas County Port Authority
- Toledo Small Business Development Center
- Women of Toledo
BUSINESS ASSOCIATIONS AND LOCAL CHAMBERS OF COMMERCE
- Anthony Wayne Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Eastern Maumee Bay Chamber of Commerce
- Holland-Springfield Chamber of Commerce
- Maumee Chamber of Commerce
- Northwest Ohio Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Oregon Economic Development Foundation
- Sylvania Area Chamber of Commerce
- Toledo African American Chamber of Commerce
- Toledo Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Waterville Area Chamber of Commerce
STATE AND FEDERAL RESOURCES
Business Research Tools
Learn more about Ohio's 529 plan and start saving for college!Continue Reading: Creating a College Savings Fund (And Accessing Reliable Investment Information)
If you work with/support a nonprofit that has experienced financial difficulties during the pandemic, your Toledo Lucas County Public Library is here to assist.Continue Reading: Assistance for Nonprofits